1) Squad members must attend the monthly squad training sessions, in addition to normal weekly training.
2) B Squad members must be consistently training at least 2 classes a week
3) A Squad members must be consistently training at least 3 classes a week
4) Squad members are required to attend all club competitions, seminars and social events
5) B Squad members must attend at least 1 external competition per season
6) A Squad members must attend at least 2 competitions per season and achieve a 1st, 2nd or 3rd placing
7) A maximum of 2 compulsory squad events (training sessions, competitions and club events) can be missed each season if a valid reason is provided. If more than 2 are missed, even if valid reasons are provided, then the member’s place on the squad will be reconsidered.
8) Squad members must attend both selections (Spring & Winter seasons); they will not automatically remain in the squad.
9) Squad members are required to wear their club jacket to all classes, events and competitions.
10) Squad members must keep their gi and club tracksuit jacket clean and presentable and have their squad badge displayed on both their club tracksuit jacket and all gi jackets.
11) If a B Squad member’s standard of karate, etiquette and competition results increase sufficiently between selections, they can be promoted to the A Squad
12) If either an A or B squad member’s standard of karate or etiquette decreases between selections, they can be demoted to the B Squad or dropped from the squad.
13) In between the squad selections, a new student can be added to the squad if they have made a massive improvement in their karate training.
14) Squad members will be a role model to other students and will therefore be expected to act appropriately at all times.
15) Squad members will receive discounts on equipment for competitions as well as select club events
16) Dependent on available funding access via the Seitou Ryu Foundation for Achievement in Sport, squad members will receive assistance with training fees and event entry fees.
17) At the end of each season, the squad will be rewarded with a day trip out courtesy of the Seitou Ryu Foundation for Achievement in Sport (depending on available funds)