With the 2014 Gasshuku Training Camp just hours away, a number of you have been contacting me in slight panic, wanting to be sure of what you will need over the weekend. So I have made this handy list below for you all.
8.30am – 9.00am Arrival and check-in
10.00am – 11.45am Seminar 1
12pm – 1pm Lunch
2pm – 4pm Seminar 2
4.30pm – 5.30pm Dinner
6pm – 7.45pm Seminar 3
8pm – 8.45pm Campfire
9pm Evening Entertainment
6.30am Morning Run!
7.30am – 8.30am Breakfast
9am – 10.30am Seminar 4 (Black Belts only)
10.30am – 12pm Seminar 5
12.30pm – 1.30pm Lunch
2pm – 6pm Grading
What do you need?
• Karate Uniforms (minimum of 2, 3-4 is better) + belt!
• Sparring equipment (Mitts/gloves, shin/foot pads, groin guard, chest guard, mouth guard)
• Training towel
• Spare clothes (include old clothes and footwear for the wooded area. It’s muddy!)
• Shorts and t-shirt for possible training outside.
• Bedding (pillow and sleeping bag/warm blankets). Mattresses are provided.
• Towel & Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shower gel, etc)
• Any relevant medication (e.g. asthma pump)
• Energy/isotonic drinks
• Water bottle
• Alarm clock
• Sun cream
• Insect repellent
• Drinks (soft or not soft, it’s up to you).
How do you get there?
1) Take A130 (S) 2) Exit onto A127 (E) towards Rayleigh 3) Exit the roundabout into A129 (Brook Rd). 4) Continue straight into B1013 (Hockley Rd – High Rd). —>
1) Head east on A129 (London Rd) towards A132 (Runwell). 2) Take 4th exit onto A1245. 3) Turn left onto Rawreth Lane. 4) Turn right onto Hullbridge Rd onto Hambro Hill. 5) Turn left into B1013 (Hockley Rd – High Rd). —>
From Grays/South Ockendon:
1) Take the A13 eastbound up to Sadlers Farm roundabout. 2) Take the A130 (N) towards Chelmsford. 3) Exit the roundabout into A129 (Brook Rd). 4) Continue straight into B1013 (Hockley Rd – High Rd). —>
—>: Turn right onto Mount Bovers Lane. Bear right onto Holyoak Lane